Subject: Re: Status of the Ipsec6 SoC
To: Alwe MainD'argent <alwe.maindargent@gmail.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/25/2006 15:06:15
On Aug 25, 2006, at 1:00 PM, Alwe MainD'argent wrote:

> Hi list.
>
> I want to give you a little overview of what I have done during this
> project.
>
> So first the cool news :
>   - Ipcomp now works on fast_ipsec
>   - basic ipv6 traffic works on fast_ipsec ( with ah, esp, ipcomp or
> md5 tcp )

This is terrific news, regardless of the caveats!  Thanks for your
work on this!

> But there are still some caveats. The biggest caveat is that
> fast_ipsec doesn't support extented header . The second is that there
> are no support for ipsec_nat_t too.

...now we just need to add this stuff (maybe a good SoC project for
next year, if we want to wait that long :-) and we can finally shed
having two IPsec implementations in the tree.

Again, thanks for all of the hard work on this.

-- thorpej