Subject: Re: telnetd work around for Windows TELNET?
To: Stephen Jones <smj@cirr.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/16/2006 10:13:44
--5lVNUoiW0yyvItcX

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 12:34:17PM -0700, Stephen Jones wrote:
> What I am trying to get at is that the w2k/xp TELNET client seems to
> react differently with the NetBSD telnetd than the say Leen0x
> telnetd.

This is a key piece of information you had left out until now: the
fact that the observed behaviour was something specific to the NetBSD
telnetd, and wasn't seen with other servers.  It seems people missed
your focus, perhaps because you highlighted the things you didn't want
to look at more than the things you did.

In this context, whether we have a bug, or some others have a specific
server-side workaround for a windows client bug, can now be a concrete
investigation.

--
Dan.
--5lVNUoiW0yyvItcX