Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/kern
To: Tom Spindler <dogcow@babymeat.com>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/05/2006 15:53:15
--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 06:21:57PM -0700, Tom Spindler wrote:
> >    i don't want to tweak kernel for a configure script.
> >    is there any other application which is known to have a problem?
> >=20
> > this test has been in screen for a really long time and the behaviour
> > it is expecting is on many platforms.  i'm curious why it's OK to
> > change the definition of select() after so long?
>=20
> I believe, but can't say for sure, that the change is also what makes
> dns in firefox stop working after "a while". However, this notion is
> entirely empirical so far.
>=20

Well, that's good to know, I was thinking it was because I was using
WPA.  This is a _really_ nasty bug, it caught my father in the middle
of online shopping last night.  Ended up redoing the order on a
Winders box. :/

Firefox does stupid things with DNS anyway, even on Linux,
somehow (presumably by using the system resolver incorrectly)
it manages to stop resolving when you switch nameservers in
resolv.conf.

	Jonathan Kollasch

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf--