Subject: re: CVS commit: src/sys/kern
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/02/2006 12:58:26
On Jul 2,  9:37pm, yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp (YAMAMOTO Takashi) wrote:

| > Another way to "fix" the problem is to increase the high watermark
| > if not set to be lowat + MCLBYTES.
| >
| > christos
|
| why MCLBYTES?
|
| i don't want to tweak kernel for a configure script.
| is there any other application which is known to have a problem?
|
| YAMAMOTO Takashi

I don't know if there are any other applications, but it seems strange
to have in the default configuration lowat == hiwat. Is the soreadable
and sowritable macro doing the right thing in that case?

It could also be a POSIX violation, because we are using sockets
internally to implement pipes, there is expected behavior for pipes
and operations < PIPE_BUF.

christos