Subject: troubles with ath(4) and vpnc(8)
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2006.salmi.ch>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/15/2006 16:27:45
Hi,

I'm having problems with [1]vpnc on a laptop when connected to the
WLAN (ath0):

- vpnc connects successfully
- I mount a file system from a SMB/CIFS server through the VPN
- accessing the smbfs (cd, copying small files) works fine
- trying to copy a larger file results in a time out message:

$ cp Test.pdf /tmp
cp: /tmp/Test.pdf: Connection timed out

After this I'm unable to interrupt the copy process and to unmount the
smbfs. Furthermore, shutting down the system hangs forever while trying
to unmount file systems.

When the laptop is connected to the LAN (wm0), everything works fine,
including copying large files through the VPN.

Any hints what could be the source of this problem or where I should
start debugging?

TIA, Jukka

[1] http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/vpnc/

--