Subject: Re: wistumbler3
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: pancake <pancake@phreaker.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/05/2006 17:01:52
libwist wraps the net80211 api for netbsd. So i've this already
implemented on Wistubler2. So I know how the wireless stuff works on BSD,

I understand that the netbsd stumbler doesn't needs to wrap anything. So
I think it could be pretty easy to adopt, or just inline the NetBSD part
of libwist inside the netbsd solution.

So, this will "dup" the work, but IMHO this is not a big problem. (maybe
a week of work). But wistumbler3 could be accessible thru pkgsrc instead
of the base system

I would like to discuss about the NetBSD implementation, so, I was thinking
to create a daemon providing an interface to authorized users to manage the
wireless stuff. BTW I could forget this and just write a ncurses based
stumbler and network selector for NetBSD that _must_ run as root.

--pancake