Subject: Bluetooth
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org, tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/23/2006 22:46:35
Hi,
   As some of you may know, I have been working on some Bluetooth support
for NetBSD for a while. Initially this was on my own, and latterly under
generous sponsorship of Itronix, Inc.  I am pleased to announce that my
work is now available for review at:

      http://homepages.rya-online.net/plunky/netbt.32.tar.gz

   Currently, support exists for L2CAP (sequential packet), RFCOMM (serial
data) and SCO (isochronous audio data) sockets to remote devices.
Utilising these are userland daemons to handle Service Discovery and
Key/PIN Management, kernel support for Human Interface Devices via wscons
and Headsets via the audio subsystem, plus userland utilities for
configuration and a wrapper for pppd to operate over RFCOMM links. There
are plenty of manpages.

   I welcome any and all comments. Apologies in advance if I'm not quick
to reply but I'm kind of away sailing at the moment and have limited email
access. The tarfile contains the following files

	HOWTO		- this is the important readme file
	NOTES		- just some notes on porting software
	CHANGES 	- change log
	TODO		- my todo list
	netbt.32.patch	- patches against -current
	netbt.32.shar	- new files under /usr/src
	netbt.32.tools	- utils I used for testing (some GPL)

iain