Subject: MPLS status
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Mihai CHELARU <kefren@netbsd.ro>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/28/2006 15:01:31
Hi,

As I said sometime ago, I started the implementation of an MPLS interface
for NetBSD. Also as I said, there are two main parts I'm working on and here
is their status:

    - MPLS kernel stack: re-imported AYAME stack to NetBSD 3.0 (should be
the same for -current as I don't see much activity into networking area).
For now the patch provided(1) supports only [fast|giga]Ethernet. I don't
feel like moving to ATM, if anyone is willing to do so, fine. Still, I have
to re-check the whole stack as strange things happens there :)
    - LDP: I'm working on a BSD licensed LDP daemon. It works for basic
stuff right now, but it's still buggy and shouldn't be deployed in
production yet. I expect production-level in a couple of months.

If anyone wants to help me (and yes, I need a hand), don't be shy and drop
me a mail :)

If you want to test this, cvs checkout ldp project at sf.net (releases are
obsolete).

(1) ayame-src.diff in ldp directory.