Subject: route(4) interface
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Mihai CHELARU <kefren@netbsd.ro>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/26/2006 00:03:51
Hi,

I have several questions:

1) I'm trying to capture all routing changes that appear in a system.
Right now I'm selecting a PF_ROUTE socket and get data from there. But I
observed that directly connected routes changes are not reported via
this interface. How can I see these changes ?

2) During these tests, I grabbed RTM_LOSING messages for several hosts.
Why is netmask announced for this type of message and even more why it's
AF_UNSPEC and all 0 ? (I would expect AF_INET and all 1)

3) I need a portable (POSIX ?) interface to dump all the routing table.
I saw that route(8) does that by triggering a sysctl but I don't think
that's very portable. Any other methods ?

--
Thank you for your time,
Mihai