Subject: Re: (Somewhat OT) Re: INET6 in GENERIC
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: J. Scott Kasten <jscottkasten@yahoo.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/23/2006 21:38:10
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> the IPv4-only one can't be used outside of the building. So when the
> professor/lab director/purchasing director wants to print from his or her
> wireless laptop (which is thus outside the firewalls as the security folks
> put the wireless nets outside for protection) and only IPv6-enabled ones
> will work right, which product do you think will be bought? :-)

Oh I can only hope for the day that it's true.  When that time does come,
v6 will actually be cheaper to implement and support than v4 ever was,
simply because routing, multicasts, etc... are much easier to do.

---

J. Scott Kasten <jscottkasten@yahoo.com>

Public  Key: http://www.jsk.homeunix.net:7777/jsk/JSK-GPG-Key.asc
Fingerprint: C0BE 2C0E 10E0 8277 F781  07C2 FCD6 99EF 4C8A 3EA0