Subject: Re: (Somewhat OT) Re: INET6 in GENERIC
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/23/2006 16:10:48
>Ken, you're a lot closer than most of us, but I';m sure is the third
>such deadline that I've heard about.  A cynic might almost say the
>deadline in question is always roughly "two years from now" :-/.

I will admit that I don't pay a lot of attention to those DoD-wide
deadlines, but I didn't think that was the _third_ such deadline.  I
could believe 2008 is the second iteration of that deadline.  My only
point was that any of the deadlines that I've seen are for IPv6
_support_ (what exactly that means is a little unclear); I have not
seen a deadline for IPv6 _only_.

It's better than the PKI deadlines, which have slipped four or five
times :-)

--Ken