Subject: Re: Changing the PHY status reporting
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/20/2006 05:48:41
>> IMHO, until IETF comes up with something else or until Cisco will
>> drop all its charges regarding the similarities between VRRP and
>> HSRP, we have nothing to do but wait.

If, as I suspect, there is no patent in any jurisdiction but the USA, I
see no reason someonje in the free world couldn't implement either (or
both!).

Of course, that's not much help to NetBSD per se, since it exists in
the USA.  But it would at least help the rest of the world somewhat.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign