Subject: Re: tun and ipv6
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/15/2006 16:28:37
> rpaulo@ added some preliminary code to add ipv6 support to tun.

Hmm, I added IPv6 support to tun years ago...and it seems I promptly
forgot to tell anyone. :-(  (Well, except for exporting my whole
private patch tree, but that counts only if you postulate someone
interested enough to look through the whole thing.)

If anyone wants, my patch is available, though it's a bit old by now
(it's to if_tun.c,v 1.38) and it does a bit more than just add v6
support; it also changes semantics in other ways I find useful.  See
ftp.rodents.montreal.qc.ca:/mouse/source-tree/patches/working/src/sys/net/
(if_tun.h and if_tun.c in particular).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign