Subject: "solved" (was: Network problems; no name lookups, no real connection?)
To: <>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/03/2006 13:15:32
--------------enig2736F4ED94569B19EDFDD71A

Jan Danielsson wrote:
>    On a system I administrate remotely, I can no longer look up host
> names. Actually, the problems seem to be bigger than that.
[---]

   Thanks to all who replied. After reading all the tips, I finally
decided to try to make sure that the isp "forgot" about this particular
system. So I stopped the dhclient and waited for a few hours. By that
time the MAC/IP cache (or whatever it is that remembers what IP to
assign) has been dropped. When I later started dhclient again everything
Just Worked.

Just a last question: Does this make sense to anyone?

--=20
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson
Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.