Subject: permanent incomplete NDP entry for remote host
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kirkkit.kollasch.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/27/2006 13:57:58
--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP

Hi
	I've been having some weird problems with my NDP
table on both a 3.99.11 sparc64 box and a 3.0 i386 box.
Somehow an "permanent" and "incomplete" entry for the IPv6
IRC server I'm usually connected to is getting put into the
NDP table even though the host is not on any of the local
subnets (a 6to4 subnet and a unique-local subnet, as well
as the link-local).  When this entry is added the connection
drops out soon afterwards.

On the 3.99.11 sparc64 trying to remove the entry with
"ndp -d calkins.freenode.net"  produces an "invalid
argument" error.  On the 3.0 box the same command succeeds,
and fixes the problem.

This only happens about once every week or two.  The router
is a 3.0 macppc box.

	Jonathan Kollasch

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP--