Subject: Re: Recent ipv6 changes and gif breakage
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/27/2006 11:46:23
On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 10:36:39AM +0000, Martijn van Buul wrote:

> Rant utterly ignored. As much as I'd love not to use NAT, I have no choice
> in this matter, as my provider-supplied modem forces it on me. If I would've
> known that getting a third-party modem would magically fix it, I'd be running
> out of the door as we speak, but:
>
> 1) It is NOT related to the problem at hand (As I managed to reproduce the
>    problem on a local network, no NATting involved)

Ok, understood now. I wasn't aware of the major IPv6 code changes when
I wrote that, and that you're using -current. I noticed that afterwards,
and was about to send a followup when your answer came in. I shouldn't
post without morning coffee while answering my colleagues question about
destroyed NTFS file systems on MO disks at the same tiem.

In this case, I fear the people having written the changes will have to
find out what's wrong - I'm not familiar with the changes yet (and have
no -current machine readily available right now).

I'm sorry for the distraction. Please accept my apologies.

	Ignatios