Subject: Re: openbgpd 3.7
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/23/2006 10:32:22
On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 11:22:11PM +0000, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:09:55 +0000
> "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@netphreax.net> wrote:
>
> > Marcin Jessa wrote:
> > > Something is wrong with your svn server. I got this from two different locactions:
> > > [yazzy@freakbsd:~]> svn checkout svn://svn.netphreax.net/openbgpd
> > > svn: Can't connect to host 'svn.netphreax.net': No route to host
> > >
> > > Using just IP worked fine
> >
> > I suppose you tried to connect via IPv6 first but you're not connected
> > to The World? :)
>
> That's propably it. Thanks.
> Anyway it's strange svn choses IPv6 routing first and drops IPv4.

If you do NOT have an IPv6 default route (or other route to the
destination), sane applications will fallback to IPv4 with not noticable
time delay.

The problem arises when you _claim_ to have an IPv6 default route, but
it is a black hole. Then your application hangs waiting for the TCP
session to open, or for it to time out.

Note that this is not different than a blackholed IPv4 route to your
destination.

Regards,
	-is
--