Subject: Re: connection bonding?
To: der Mouse <mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca>
From: matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/08/2005 09:24:23
I thought openbsd's CARP could do this and was in pkgsrc.
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html#CARP
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/net/ucarp/README.html
http://www.ucarp.org/

Although CARP is normally used for failover between servers, I don't
see why it couldn't be used between nics on a single host.  If not,
Bonding (linux-esque)/IP MultiPathing (solaris-esque) functionality
has always seemed a bit lacking in netbsd.

_Matt