Subject: connection bonding?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/07/2005 13:55:08
$DAYJOB has a desire to use multiple network interfaces on a single
machine, with parallel connections to another device, as if they were a
single interface with a fatter pipe to the peer device - I believe
cisco calls this "connection bonding".

Is there any support for this in NetBSD?  There wasn't last time I
looked/asked, but that was years ago.  (I started on implementing it
but got stalled practically immediately.)  I did some poking around but
failed to turn up anything the least bit encouraging.

The hard part, I'd guess, would be getting the same MAC address on all
the underlying interfaces.  Is there any generic way implemented yet to
set an interface's MAC address?  I did some searching with man -k, but
didn't turn up anything there either.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign