Subject: seeking volunteers for wireless networking projects
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/15/2005 14:47:26
This year I proposed two networking projects to the senior projects
course in the CS department at UIUC.edu, but neither of them was chosen.
The projects are important.  I am trying to enlist volunteers to work
on them.

<http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/ProjectIdeas/Internet-gateway+selection+for+CUWiN>
<http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/ProjectIdeas/Simulation+Environment+for+CUWiN>

Both of the projects are related to my project's goal of developing
network appliances that help ordinary people build autonomous, wireless
broadband networks for peer-to-peer networking and affordable Internet
access.

I will make myself available to answer questions to any serious-minded
volunteers who want to work on these projects.  I believe either project
will be a good resume-builder for a student or a recent graduate.

My project produces an inexhaustible supply of sub-projects.  If are
generally interested in wireless networking, but neither of the two
projects I mention grabs you, let me know and I will send you another
couple of project ideas.

Dave