Subject: Re: tuning tcp for wifi
To: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/12/2005 10:14:53
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:04:19 -0500
David Young <dyoung@pobox.com> wrote:

> What is your advice for tuning NetBSD's TCP implementation for best
> performance on a lossy WiFi network?
SCPS from mitre.org is what's used for satellite links with huge latency
and packet loss. I recently ported it to NetBSD to work in bridged mode
with tap devices. I still have some minor issues with it that I am
working on with the guys from MITRE.
That's why it didn't make it to the pkgsrc's yet.
But basically you should not experience any problems with wifi and be
able to fix any of your problems with proper hardware or better
localisation of your gear as long as the driver does what it's suppose
to do.

Cheers,
Marcin.