Subject: Re: increasing NMBCLUSTERS
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/28/2005 14:51:21
--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 01:10:31PM -0400, Jan Schaumann wrote:
=20
> > WARNING: mclpool limit reached; increase NMBCLUSTERS
> >=20
> > I've already bumped NMBCLUSTERS twice, up to 65536 now.  options(4) is
> > not very exhaustive of what the side effects (if any) may be of
> > increasing this number.  How far can I bump this number?  What is
> > affected by it?
>=20
> Did you see what could be using that much clusters ?

Well, right now, after a fresh reboot, netstat -m gives me:

803 mbufs in use:
        772 mbufs allocated to data
        16 mbufs allocated to packet headers
        15 mbufs allocated to socket names and addresses
0 calls to protocol drain routines

vmstat -m gives me
http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/netbsd/vmstats

I'll collect some more output as the machine is running...

-Jan

--=20
The Internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
	-- John Gilmore

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf--