Subject: Re: IPv6 aliases on networking interfaces
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/27/2005 17:58:32
On Tuesday 27 September 2005 02:30 pm, David Young wrote:
> Look at the source-address selection patches that I posted a few weeks
> ago.  The 'preference' idea is equally applicable to IPv6 as to IPv4,
> although I have not written code for the IPv6 case.

I haven't actually looked at the patches, but I assume you have RFC 3484 in
mind as a basis for the IPv6 case. I'd like to select a single source address
for general traffic, and assign source addresses for specific functions in
that application (including the address used in traceroute6 replies).

	Jonathan Kollasch