Subject: Re: equivalence to iproute2
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas E. Spanjaard <tgen@netphreax.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/26/2005 15:19:58
--------------enig337AF930627B92D9541F7AE7

Matthias Scheler wrote:
> It is very useful if you have more than one internet connection (and
> therefore several IP addresses signed to your machine) e.g. for
> load balancing or high availability.

Don't we have source routing support in packet filters for that, and
different metrics in the in-kernel routing table? If you want to specify
multiple default routes with the same metric, you should allow that in
the in-kernel routing table imo, not by creating multiple routing
tables. And if you want load balancing or high-availability, use a
'real' dynamic routing protocol that handles link congestion etc :).

Cheers,
--
		-- Thomas E. Spanjaard
		   tgen@netphreax.net