Subject: Re: Trying to set up a VPN from a dynamic address
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/18/2005 08:46:56
[Using released NetBSD with a dynamic address]

You could always look at OpenVPN (pkgsrc/net/openvpn and
pkgsrc/net/openvpn-current) which has performed brilliantly for me
from NetBSD 1.6.2 onwards. You'll need newer NetBSD to us the bridging
mode (tap driver), but routed works just fine. OpenVPN 2.0 can also push a
majority of the settings down to the client (e.g. routing configurations).
It even works through web proxies behind a very restrictive firewall.

N.B. I use it in TCP client/server mode; the peer-to-peer UDP mode seems a
bit useless to me if you've got dynamic addresses and/or firewalls/NAT in
the way.

--
Stephen