Subject: Re: 80211 changes and wpa_supplicant
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Ronald van der Pol <Ronald.vanderPol@rvdp.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/12/2005 14:19:00
On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 13:09:20 -0500, David Young wrote:

> > I tracked it down to these defines in net80211/ieee80211_ioctl.h:
> >
> > #ifdef __FreeBSD__
> > #define IEEE80211_IOC_SSID              1
> > #endif /* __FreeBSD__ */
> >
> > #ifdef __FreeBSD__
> > #define IEEE80211_IOC_BSSID             15
> > #endif /* __FreeBSD__ */
> >
> > Are these really FreeBSD only or do they work in the NetBSD 80211 too?
> > I suppose they work on NetBSD too because last weeks compile of
> > wpa_supplicant worked fine. So I guess these #ifdefs should be removed
> > or changed to __NetBSD__ .
>
> Ronald,
>
> I removed those ioctls, which have not appeared in any release, because
> they duplicate the long-standing NetBSD ioctls SIOCS80211BSSID and
> SIOCS80211SSID.  Use those ioctls, instead.

I can find SIOCS80211BSSID in net80211/ieee80211_ioctl.h, but I cannot
find SIOCS80211SSID.

> > Does NetBSD support pcap_inject() ?
>
> No.

Any plans to move to a higher version? I have compiled wpa_supplicant
with the libpcap from pkgsrc and that one has pcap_inject().

> > Is somebody else working on the WPA stuff?
>
> No.

I think I can get it going and provide some patches against the
FreeBSD code. However, I am not an experienced BSD developer.
Therefore, I don't know what is the right thing to do with respect
to (Makefile) changes. I'll try my best and look at other code samples.
First, I have to get the stuff going again.

	rvdp