Subject: Re: DNS for some sites
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Water NB <netbsd78@126.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/10/2005 00:23:56
On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 03:20:32AM -0400, Matthew Mondor wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 12:55:13 +0800
> Water NB <netbsd78@126.com> wrote:
>
> > In our internal network, a NetBSD PC (2.0_STABLE) runs as gateway
> > and DNS server (named).  Others PCs get IP from this NetBSD.
> >
> > Because some tunnel sub-network is running. for example, a remote VPN
> > clinet (PC1) is connected with NetBSD, PC1's tunnel IP is 10.9.1.1
> >
> > When internal PC query PC1's IP, I want NetBSD PC tell them that PC1's
> > IP is 10.9.1.1, not to query external DNS server, How can I do?
> >
> > I add the item in /etc/hosts, but it doesn't affect.
>
> Did you also try adding it to named?  You seem to already be running it
> and it seems to be a perfect job for it, unless I misunderstood your
> request...  Of course this would assume that the NetBSD DNS server is
> used as the default DNS server for that internal box, though
>
> Matt

I have tried to add it to named, but what I know, named is sute to add a
group of IP/named with same sub-net or domain.
In our network, the center NetBSD connect with some OpenVPN clients,
every client tunnel IP are in different sub-network.
So i don't like add one file in /etc/named/ for one IP only.
I like the method as simplly adding item into /etc/hosts.
Or others good idea?

Thanks.