Subject: Re: Policy Routing
To: Ivo Vachkov <ivo.vachkov@gmail.com>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/30/2005 21:32:01
On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 08:37:18PM +0200, Ivo Vachkov wrote:
> > > Hmm, I'm not aware Zebra/Quagga to do any policy routing ...
> >
> > And Cisco?
>
> How's Cisco Policy Routing related to NetBSD's ??? BTW Cisco uses
> route maps to impelement it (correct me if I'm wrong), but after all
> it's a whole different hardware/software arch under this. You have

It is not so different, at least from Zebra point of view, because AFAIK
Zebra follows IOS interface quite closely. So it makes sense to make the
emulation of corresponding IOS features possible.

More generally, your code should be useful. Use with Zebra is a quite
common application of routing code. So you should have a clear idea how
your code would cooperate with a routing daemon, otherwise its usefulness
coud be very limited. And it seems that you don't have such idea yet.

Bye	Pavel