Subject: Re: Virtual interfaces, their parents and how they are configured
To: None <ndehne@gmail.com>
From: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/23/2005 22:00:12
> Why is the option named agrport and not agrif?

i named it so because:
	- port is an lacp term.
	- agrif sounds like agr(4) interface itsself to me.

> Furthermore, would it be possible to just have something like ifconfig
> parentif or just ifconfig parent? I find it cumbersome to have 3 different
> methods to configure what is essentially the same concept.

i personally dislike the name "parent" because i'm always confused by
its ambiguity.  ie. it isn't clear to me which interface is called "parent".
isn't it the case for native english speakers unlike me?

YAMAMOTO Takashi