Subject: Re: latest ath/net80211 from freebsd
To: Petar Bogdanovic <p+netbsd@2005.smokva.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/09/2005 14:36:24
In message <42A8ABBE.1060206@2005.smokva.net>,
Petar Bogdanovic writes:

>> Also, are you certain that the DWL-G520 is a 3.3V card?
>
>Hard to answer. I can't find this information neither in the manual nor
>on the D-Link website.
>
>However, the most online-shops say, the card needs just 3.3V.
>

> > Can you try your DWL-G520 in a different computer than the net4501?
>
>You're right - that would be reasonable. Tomorrow, I'll take the card to
>my office.

I used two D-Link cards in two laptops for SACK testing. I'm pretty
sure one was the a/b/g variant and one was b/g.  A Windows user now
has the b/g version. When I looked for Windows drivers, I saw
references to three different hardware versions, with different
vendor-supplied drivers for each.

Both worked fine in Pentium-3 cardbus/apm laptops with -current, from
early February to the most-recent I have on those machines (late
april/early May?)

I don't have either card with me now, nor did I save the URL for the
D-Link Windows-driver page; but if it'd help I can try to look them up
again.

Oh... do you have the tuples for your card handy?