Subject: Re: [Summer of Code] WiFi Browser
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Ricardo Pinto <rncp@mega.ist.utl.pt>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/07/2005 23:24:21
> Would this be integrated in some existing tool like systat(1) or be a
> standalone utility?

	For now I'm thinking of making it standalone

> Would it work with all network cards, or only with
> some?

	The idea is to be as universal as possible... but I think this
implies a slight change in device drivers.

>I think there's some wlanctl utility in -current that may be used
> to discover a few things too... I don't know how much of the functionality
> of them overlaps, but nicely integrating things would be good).

	From what I've seen from the source code, and the man page, it
gives some info, but all based on current channel / configured interface.
The idea here would be scan all the channels, and based on the results
select an apropriate AP.

	Ricardo Pinto