Subject: Re: TCP extensions: Tahoe, Vegas, ...?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Kentaro A. Kurahone <kurahone@sigusr1.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/04/2005 02:42:34
--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 03:24:43PM +0000, Rui Paulo wrote:
> > - TCP-Westwood
>=20
> Kentaro can properly answer this, but see=20
> http://www.sigusr1.org/~kurahone/misc-hacks/broken/

Well, it's less "broken" and more code has diverged since I wrote it.
The variant I implemented is Westwood+ (Westwood with a tweak to make
it deal with ACK compression).

It hasn't been integrated into tree, but if there's sufficient intrest
I can always clean the code up and fold it in.  (Personally I'm more
intrested in updating the HighSpeed implementation that I have
than Westwood+, but cleaning up the code for both should be trivial.)

Last I checked, Linux supports Reno, Vegas, Bic, Westwood+ and SACK,
defaulting to Bic[0].

Though mentioning that we support TCP/Tahoe and TCP/Reno seems a bit
like a car manufacturer saying "Yes, we support internal combustion engines=
."
(Fast Retransmit/Recovery being ubiquitous these days)

--=20
Kentaro A. Kurahone
SIGUSR1 Research and Development

[0]: Though their Bic implementation was/is broken and overaggressive.
(http://www.hamilton.ie/net/bic-fix/Linux%20BicTCP.pdf)

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY--