Subject: Re: Port sharing?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/14/2005 10:14:47
On Sat, 14 May 2005, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 05:16:49PM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
>> I'd like to be able to share port 443 between Apache+mod_ssl and OpenVPN
>
> Isn't OpenVPM  tunneled through UDP? How is it related to the http-ssl
> tcp port, then?

Early versions only had UDP support, yes. TCP has been supported for a
long time now though. For people behind NAT, oddly configured firewalls
(that they have no administrative controls over) and so on, TCP is the way
to go. For the particular customer I have in mind here, only TCP 443 will
be opened by the firewall administrators.

--
Stephen