Subject: USB driver panic (usbd_alloc_xfer() ...)
To: None <Davef1624@aol.com>
From: None <davef1624@aol.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/11/2005 02:34:04
I'm seeing an occasional uvm_fault/trap when 'quickly'
pulling/re-inserting a
USB cable from/to a SuperMicro Xeon motherboard.
The USB cable is a Prolific 2302 host-to-host bridge.

The panic is in usbd_alloc_xfer(), at the line:

xfer = dev->bus->methods->allocx(dev->bus);

It appears as though 'bus' in invalid (however 'methods' generates a
trap when dereferenced).
'bus' is a valid pointer but appears to point to an invalid usbd_bus
structure.

The UPL driver is used as the device driver for the Prolific 2302
bridge cable.
It is actually in the backtrace (upl_init() -> upl_tx_list_init() ->
usbd_alloc_xfer() ).

For some reason, 'quickly' pulling/re-inserting the USB cables is
causing the USB subsystem
to repeatedly detach/re-attach the UPL driver (& USB transport of
course)

Can anybody help me with this issue?

thanks,
Dave