Subject: Re: FAST_IPSEC on architectures with alignment constraints?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/24/2005 00:05:54
Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu> writes:

> Not in anger, not that I recall right now. Sam Leffler may know about
> FAST_IPSEC usage in FreeBSD, on either Alpha or Sparc. Or perhaps not.
>
> Sounds like you found a new bug.  Have you filed a PR?

Nope, not yet; I've just tripped over this this afternoon. I'll go
ahead and open one. Is there any additional diagnostic information
that you think would be useful to include?

> I have a sinus infection right now, but I will try to look at
> later. I'd not be suprised to find the TCP header aligned to an odd
> multiple of 2 (aligned to 2-byte eboundary but not to 4).

> Could this be a 64-bit-specific problem?

Seems unlikely, since macppc is (currently) a 32-bit platform... and
looking a little more, the TCP_HDR_ALIGNED_P macro only checks for
32-bit alignment anyway.

        - Nathan