Subject: Re: FAST_IPSEC on architectures with alignment constraints?
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/23/2005 21:02:37
In message <mtu7jisg8vt.fsf@contents-vnder-pressvre.mit.edu>,
"Nathan J. Williams" writes:

>I tried FAST_IPSEC on my Mac G4 today,

[...]

>Has anyone else tried FAST_IPSEC on an architecture with strict
>alignment requirements (not i386, amd64, or vax) with success?

Not in anger, not that I recall right now. Sam Leffler may know about
FAST_IPSEC usage in FreeBSD, on either Alpha or Sparc. Or perhaps not.

Sounds like you found a new bug.  Have you filed a PR?  I have a sinus
infection right now, but I will try to look at later. I'd not be
suprised to find the TCP header aligned to an odd multiple of 2
(aligned to 2-byte eboundary but not to 4).

Could this be a 64-bit-specific problem?