Subject: Re: default route and private networks
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/23/2005 04:35:40
> David, what's going on here? Are you not seeing these examples, are
> you deliberately ignoring them, or is something else going on?

Maybe he just doesn't choose to respond to messages that gratutiously
take an unnecessarily confrontational tone - and I couldn't really
blame him if so.  It *is* possible to tell him his idea is broken
without being as blunt as a battering ram about it.

At least it's possible for other people.  Do you _like_ being
confrontational or something?  You certainly seem to do a lot of it, in
circumstances in which other people manage to avoid it.

>> First, I don't believe that NetBSD supports Strong ES right now.
> No, but I have code that does.

> To someone familiar with RFC-1122, and who also relies on some form
> or other of Strong-ES,

...NetBSD is not the system to use, as you yourself said, so why bother
even talking about it?

> If [the proposed change] is committed anyway, I fully intend to back
> it out as breaking Strong-ES as described in RFC-1122.

You threaten to back out someone else's change on the grounds that it
breaks something that doesn't work to begin with?

I suppose there's really not much more to say.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign