Subject: Re: problems reconnecting via PPPoE
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?C=E9sar_Catri=E1n_C=2E?= <ccatrian@eml.cc>
From: Richard Braun <syn@sceen.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/20/2005 17:39:46
--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 11:07:38AM -0400, C=E9sar Catri=E1n C. wrote:
> I have a problem with my ADSL link via PPPoE. When the link goes down, it=
 doesn't
> come up again, this is the status:
>=20
> pppoe0: phase=3Ddead=20
>         myauthproto=3Dpap myauthname=3D"XXX"
>         lcp timeout: 1.000 s
>         idle timeout =3D disabled
>         max-auth-failure =3D 5
>         max-noreceive =3D 15 seconds
>         max-alive-missed =3D 3 unanwsered echo requests
>=20
> If I try to reconnect by myself the ip-down script is run.
> The link stay in phase=3Destablish, and I've to reboot.
>=20
> This is my ifconfig.pppoe0:
> create
> ! /usr/pkg/sbin/pppoa2 -vpi 8 -vci 32 -v 0 -b > /dev/null 2>&1
> ! /sbin/pppoectl -e tap0 pppoe0
> ! /sbin/pppoectl pppoe0 myauthproto=3Dpap 'myauthname=3DXXX' 'myauthsecre=
t=3DYYY' hisauthproto=3Dnone
> 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.1 up

You need to do to things :
 o ! /sbin/pppoectl pppoe0 max-auth-failure=3D0 (in ifconfig.pppoe0)
 o options PPPOE_TERM_UNKNOWN_SESSIONS (in your kernel config file)

The first tells the pppoe driver to never give up trying to connect. The
second tells the driver (at compile time) to delete any unknown sessions
encountered. Usually this can happen, and has the effect that, as the BAS
still has a reference to your connection (though there is no more connection
at your side), trying to establish a new connection doesn't succeed.

--=20
Richard Braun

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK--