Subject: problems reconnecting via PPPoE
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: =?UTF-8?Q?C=C3=A9sar_Catri=C3=A1n?= C. <ccatrian@eml.cc>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/20/2005 11:07:38
Hi

I have a problem with my ADSL link via PPPoE. When the link goes down, it doesn't
come up again, this is the status:

pppoe0: phase=dead
        myauthproto=pap myauthname="XXX"
        lcp timeout: 1.000 s
        idle timeout = disabled
        max-auth-failure = 5
        max-noreceive = 15 seconds
        max-alive-missed = 3 unanwsered echo requests

If I try to reconnect by myself the ip-down script is run.
The link stay in phase=establish, and I've to reboot.

This is my ifconfig.pppoe0:
create
! /usr/pkg/sbin/pppoa2 -vpi 8 -vci 32 -v 0 -b > /dev/null 2>&1
! /sbin/pppoectl -e tap0 pppoe0
! /sbin/pppoectl pppoe0 myauthproto=pap 'myauthname=XXX' 'myauthsecret=YYY' hisauthproto=none
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.1 up

I am using NetBSD 2.0.

This occurs every two, three days, depending of the traffic. Help appreciated.

César