Subject: Re: i386-current hang in
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/19/2005 08:31:22
--54u2kuW9sGWg/X+X

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 08:00:09AM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
>=20
> >On a i386-current system from about 0000GMT on 4/18, the m_copy_m hang
> >showed up again. I have TCP_SACK turned off. The previous kernel, from
> >4/2 sources, ran perfectly until I replaced it with this one.
> >
> >Unfortunately, I have few other details, so this is probably a useless
> >data point.
>=20
> I'm going to have to set up serial console, since no one can tell me how
> to get the backtrace output from the debugger to save to disk.

You might try "t/l" for your trace command. The /l will dump the trace to=
=20
the kernel's msgbuf. On some ports, like i386, the message buffer can=20
survive reboot, so you can see the trace after restarting.

Also search for "msgbuf" in man ddb to see how to tee to the log.

Take care,

Bill

--54u2kuW9sGWg/X+X

--54u2kuW9sGWg/X+X--