Subject: Which IPv6 address should it choose?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/06/2005 12:43:54
   Okay.  I have a NetBSD 2.0.x system.  If you add more than one IPv4
address, the second an so-on become "alias"es.  I think this just
happens
automatically as part of there being more than one address.  The first
address (seen by ifconfig(8) as not an alias) is the one that's used
when
packets are sourced.

   But, with IPv6, there is just a list of addresses.  No aliases,
really.  So,
in this case, how do I make the kernel choose a particular address when
it sources packets?

   In my case, I'm adding a static IPv6 address which is in the same
network
as the EUI-64 address that's chosen from a router-advertisement.  But,
it seems that the host is sourcing packets with this static address,
rather
than with the EUI-64 address which I'd like it to use for anything I
haven't manually tied to the static address.

   Anyone know how to do this?

                                       - Chris