Subject: Re: Teredo client/server/relay for NetBSD?
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/02/2005 19:35:32
On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 03:21:47AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Apr 2005, David Young wrote:
> >Or any other means for IPv6 to traverse NATs?
>                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> What does that mean?

My "customers" have cheap home gateways that translate the private numbers
on their home network (192.168.x/24) to a single globally routable IPv4
number on their DSL/cable modem.  I want to assign IPv6 numbers to the
IPv6 routers at customers' homes, so that I can address them individually
and log into them with ssh from "headquarters."  Problem is, the IPv6
packets have to cross the IPv4 Internet, and they also have to cross
the customer's NAT.  Teredo is designed to do that.

Does that make any more sense?

Dave