Subject: Re: Status inquiry about kern/29150
To: None <is@netbsd.org, tech-net@netbsd.org, gert@greenie.muc.de>
From: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/29/2005 22:28:09
In muc.lists.netbsd.tech.net Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

>Gert Doering wrote:

>> (Just this minute, I see that is@netbsd.org has assigned the PR to
>> himself, with the comment "Somebody has to do it.", so it seems there
>> is some progress ;-) ).

>I'm not in a position to test GRE against an independent implementation,
>but as no other developer seems to be, I guess I can test it in a
>laboratory setup and commit to -current.

Well, I've tested against Cisco, which counts as "independent
implementation" :-) - I've never actually tested NetBSD<->NetBSD.

If you need a tunnel endpoint for your tests, I can setup something,
just mail me privately.

> Michael van Elst was friendly enough to adapt the patch to -current.

Any fundamental changes?  I've been monitoring the *gre.c source files
over the last weeks, and nothing changed in a way that needed a patch
rewrite.

(Actually, I just cvs upgrade'd my tree to -current as of today, with
no changes to my patch, and it GREs just fine :-) - which is why I'm
wondering what needed adaption).

gert
--
gert@greenie.muc.de   fax: +49-89-35655025   http://alpha.greenie.net/mgetty/

In 1952 marshmallow salesmen learned the soft sell.
                                -- "On This Day in History"