Subject: Re: ALTQ: prioritize ACK packets
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mm_lists@pulsar-zone.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/16/2005 12:19:07
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:46:10 -0500
Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET> wrote:

[...]
> this is not a regression.  People who won't do work want to keep ALTQ
> forked at a version that hasn't been touched in like four years.  But
[...]

I used ALTQ on NetBSD 1.6.1 previously, and it even proved to be
unstable in my case, unfortunately (I experienced both kernel memory
leaks and panics using it)...  If those bugs were fixed in the current
ALTQ, I don't see why we should stick to the old one.  I myself also was
annoyed at the fact that it was very limited in terms of rules for
things like SYN/ACK flow control myself.

Matt