Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/netinet
To: NetBSD-network <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/11/2005 09:09:45
On Mar 11, 2005, at 8:58 AM, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

> hi,
>
>> Does the rtl8169 support tcp segment offload?  If not, then the
>> assignment doesn't matter.
>
> yes, it does.
>
>> If so, *what* would be a sensible value in
>> this situation?
>
> although i'm not sure about the exact requirement,
> it works fine if i commented out the "ip->ip_len = 0;".
> (i think it's what linux does.)

OK.  that's reasonable.  I've modified if_wm.c to set ip_len to 0 and
now ip_output.c leaves ip_len unchanged.

So when is the support for TSO in re(4) going to be committed? :)

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/