Subject: ALTQ question
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Rimantas Petrauskas <rimantas@remo.lt>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/10/2005 22:28:08
Hello,

i have folowing situation. I have 4Mbps international traffic and 10Mbps
lithuanian traffic. I need to setup traffic shaper with ALTQ folowing
rules:
1. 100 clients which must have 1000Kbps international traffic and 2Mbps
lithuanian traffic, but they must share that portion of bandwidth into
equal parts for example: if there are 10 clients working they should get
lets say 32Kbps international and 128Kbps lithuanian traffic each and the
other bandwidth should be unusable, but if there are all 100 clients they
should get 10Kbps international and 20Kbps lithuanian traffic each.
2. 300 clients which must have 3000Kbps international traffic and 8Mbps
lithuanian traffic, but they must share that portion of bandwidth into
equal parts for example: if there are 10 clients working they should get
lets say 128Kbps international and 512Kbps lithuanian traffic each and the
other bandwidth should be unusable, but if there are all 300 clients they
should get 10Kbps international and 26Kbps lithuanian traffic each.

International and lithuanian traffic i'm recognizing from TOS values which
i'm marking on Cisco router.

Is it possible to do with ALTQ?

--
Sincerely,