Subject: Re: Squashed Ack, was Re: Concerns about our NewReno code
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/26/2005 09:55:00
--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 08:54:59AM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>=20
> On Jan 26, 2005, at 6:02 AM, Alistair Crooks wrote:
>=20
> >Concerns about the "Squashed ACK" bug notwithstanding, did the New
> >Reno issue ever get fixed in our tree?  I can't remember seeing any
> >commit messages, but I have to admit my mind was on other things in
> >November.
> >
> >I'd like this to get into 3.0, if possible.
>=20
> Me too.  Bill, do you still have a reference to the commit in FreeBSD=20
> that fixed it?

The main fix was in a set of commits described in:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D405600+0+archive/2003/cvs-al=
l/20030119.cvs-all

It is entry 1058 in the following archive:

http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/archive/2003/cvs-all/20030119.cvs-all.html

and there is a lot of discussion about it around the message. The initial=
=20
commit message was really cryptic.

There was a SACK and NewReno fix in:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D1848730+0+archive/2004/cvs-a=