Subject: Re: ppp(4) & IPv6?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/10/2005 14:25:19
christos@zoulas.com (Christos Zoulas) writes:
> Sure, we can do that. But why be anal about? If someones opens a PR
> to fix cnlp on ppp, we can choose to fix it or add it to the man page.
> I think that for the most part, manual pages document what a system
> can do, and if it has any significant deficiencies, what it cannot do.
> I don't see the inability of do cnlp or whatever else as a significant
> deficiency worth while documenting.

Traditionally, "BUGS" doesn't per se mean "BUGS" but rather
"Things worth noting". It is worth noting, IMHO, which protocols
ppp will carry, since it isn't documented in any other
way. Documentation is always good.

Anyway, I've fixed it, so it is done with.

If you would prefer, you could move the caveat to earlier in the man
page, but I think it should be documented.

Perry