Subject: Re: Davicom DM9102AF pci ethernet card?
To: Gene ENonymous <yancm@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/10/2005 00:40:05
--qwymS7QpGZeA8tRa

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 09:32:28PM +0000, Gene ENonymous wrote:
> > To: tech-net@NetBSD.org
> > From: christos@tac.gw.com (Christos Zoulas)
> > Subject: Re: Davicom DM9102AF pci ethernet card?
> > Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 04:32:32 +0000 (UTC)
> >
> > In article <200501090320.j093KYfB016948@sdf.lonestar.org>,
> > Gene ENonymous  <yancm@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> > >I just got a pair of Davicom pci ethernet cards I'd like to be
> > >able to use under
> > >NetBSD 2.0 i386.
> > >
> > >With dmesg I get the following line with reference the card:
> > > Davicom Semiconductor product 0x9009 (ethernet network,
> > > revision 0x31) at pci0 dev 20 function 0 not configure
> > >
> > >I'm hoping this is compatible with the one of the Davicom drivers buil=
t in
> > >and there might be a low pain way to trick the kernel into thinking th=
is
> > >card is one of them...
> > >
> > >If so, could you suggest which files to hack? (I already have /usr/src=
/sys...)

> > >After searching around I found the following line in
> > >/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pcidevs:
> > >pcidevs:product DAVICOM DM9102  0x9102  Davicom DM9102 10/100 Ethernet
> > >
> > >Can I infer that the pci identifier of the new chip is 0x9009 and add a
> > >line like:
> > >pcidevs:product DAVICOM DM9102AF 0x9009  Davicom DM9102AF 10/100 Ether=
net
> > >?
> > >
> > >If so, then what?
> >
> > Look in if_tlp_pci.c and add the necessary glue if that indeed is a tul=
ip
> > clone. You can look at the other opensource OS's for hints on how to ma=
ke
> > that chip work.
>=20
> Thanks! This appears to be working. Now I just need to pull the orriginal
> files back in, diff and post.
>=20
> For the impatient I just pointed the DM9102AF to the same place as DM9102A
> in if_tlp_pci.c (in addition to the above mentioned hack to pcidevs and=
=20
> the commands mentioned in the top of that file...).

A quick glance at the Linux drivers shows it has a few more quirks for the
9009.  If you experience any issue, it might be worth looking at it.

--=20
"Commala-come-five! / Even when the shadows rise!
To see the world and walk the world / Makes ya glad to be alive."
Susannah's Song, The Dark Tower VI, Stephen King, 2004.

--qwymS7QpGZeA8tRa

--qwymS7QpGZeA8tRa--