Subject: EtherIP RFC 3378
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Hans Rosenfeld <rosenfeld@grumpf.hope-2000.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/02/2005 15:42:50
Hello,

two weeks ago I ported the parts of RFC 3378 EtherIP support from
OpenBSD to NetBSD.

I've been using it for some weeks now without any problems, so if anyone
else wants to give it a try there is a diff against 2.0 in
http://www.headcrashers.org/comp/programs/netbsd-2-0-etherip.diff

This diff makes it possible to add a gif interfaces to a bridge, which
will then send and receive IP protocol 97 packets. Outbound packets are
ethernet frames with a EtherIP header prepended, inbound packets are
assumed to be the same, but the header is not checked for validity.

Also I left out stuff like the net.inet.etherip.allow sysctl that
OpenBSD has, I just wanted to make this work as simply as possible.

I hope this stuff is somewhat use, I've seen at least on request for this
in the archive of some other NetBSD list a while ago.

Hans

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown